The General Assembly (all member CEO’s and senior managers) meets twice a year to set and direct our strategic direction. Vital relationship building and networking takes place at these meetings.
The General assembly elects and Administrative Council whose role resembles that of a Board. The Administrative Council implments the decisions of the General Assembly between meetings.
Council members are
- Sharan Kelly, Tearfund Ireland (Chair)
- Chris Lukkien, ZOA (Vice-Chair)
- Peter Drummond-Smith, Mission East (Treasurer)
Member-led working groups, which are issue-focused, design and realise the specific activities of the network.
The network is facilitated by a Brussels-based secretariat represented by Ruth Faber, Director, who was appointed in September 2011.
The EU-CORD network is a space in which members work together. The Secretariat cares for that space much as a museum curator would–understanding the value of what each member has to offer, bringing out existing potential to share and build the capacity of others, showing what we do and presenting the outward face of the network towards others, especially in Brussels, to the European Commission, European Parliament, and other networks and groups.
The Secretariat has three core roles:
- Co-coordinating network activities (workshops, advocacy actions, trainings, meetings) and reporting to the directors of the network
- Representing the network to the European Union and other networks
- Collecting, analysing and sharing information on policy and funding trends in the development and humanitarian sector for members and partners