Light for the World stands up for equal rights of persons with disabilities in developing countries. Our support focuses on three domains:
- Special services for people with a disability, such as eye care and rehabilitation services through financial support and capacity building of local NGOs and governments.
- Promoting inclusive development by building the capacity of organisations and institutes to give better access to persons with a disability to their services (leading to increased access to health, education and the labour market).
- Support of Disabled People’s Organisations to help them advocate for their rights and to increase their self-sufficiency.
Our vision is that everywhere in the world, people do not have to fear to become and stay needlessly blind and people with a disability are able to live a life of dignity.
We are dedicated to eliminating avoidable blindness and improving the quality of life of persons with a disability in the poor and least served communities in developing countries.
Main sectors of operation
- Food Security
- Inclusive education
- Prevention of blindness and eye care
- Vocational training and income generation