Equipping members and their national counterparts to advocate towards European policymakers on issues concerning humanitarian action, sustainable development, peacebuilding, and the role of faith-based organisations.
EU-CORD members are looking to extend their advocacy reach, advocate in partnership with others, and impact the policy and practice of the European Union. This programme achieves this by deepening awareness amongst members of each other’s advocacy initiatives, connecting members working on similar issues and linking members with advocacy opportunities at the EU level.
In 2023 our main objectives will be to:
- Influence EU policy and practice regarding education in the context of developmental engagements
- Explore potential advocacy opportunities amongst members in respect of the climate crisis
- Support member advocacy priorities with respect to Inequality (children, gender, disability inclusion), Youth Action Plan, and Food Security
- Raise members’ profile within the EU institutions
- Raise our profile and engagement in the PaRD Network as an advocacy actor
- Introduction to Advocacy
- The EC Global Gateway and Team Europe Initiative
- Introduction to the EC Inequality Marker
- The EC Inequality Marker: Application, Examples and Roll Out
- Policy Recommendation on Food Security and World Hunger: CONCORD and Voice
- Education Brochure – Ensuring inclusive and equitable quality education to promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- EU-CORD Spotlight, 1st Edition of 2023 – Providing Effective Humanitarian Responses 24-02-2023
- EU-CORD Spotlight, 2nd Edition of 2023 – Responding to Food Insecurity 09-06-2023
- EU-CORD Spotlight, 3nd Edition of 2023 – Harnessing the Power of Youth 03-11-2023
Communication and Advocacy newsletters:
- Communications and Advocacy Newsletter 03/22 – Gender, 2022-09-29
- Communications and Advocacy Newsletter 02/22 – Education, 2022-06-01
- Communications and Advocacy Newsletter 01/22 – Disability inclusion, 2022-02-25
For 2023, the network will highlight work on its cross-cutting priority around the impact of climate change and explore potential advocacy opportunities amongst members. Based on their experience, we will develop an ‘Advocacy Best Practices and Lessons brochure focusing on how best to carry out climate-related advocacy.
As a network of Christian organisations, we aim to influence EU policy and practice regarding education in the context of developmental engagements. We will combine our varied expertise to collaborate with others in pursuit of inclusive, equitable, transformative and lifelong learning opportunities for all, regardless of geographic location.
YOUTH ACTION PLAN
Working for, with and by youth is critical to the development of a more inclusive, equitable and sustainable future. The EU’s Youth Action Plan (YAP) is the first-ever policy framework for a strategic partnership with young people worldwide. Our purpose is to be involved in advocacy targeting the implementation of the YAP and ensuring that CSOs working with youth are included in decision-making-particularly for education-related indicators and benchmarks.
OUR PREVIOUS INITIATIVES:
COVID-19 and its continuing impact was a cross-cutting issue for EU-CORD members. This was primarily because of the need for vaccines to be made available in our partner countries so staff and programmes could run effectively and safely. Therefore EU-CORD joined the campaign advocating for a temporary COVID-19 TRIPS waiver initiated by Caritas Europe and supported by other faith networks active in Brussels. In that framework, in July 2021, EU-CORD signed an open letter to the European Commission and other faith-based organisations. You can learn more about our efforts for vaccines for all here.