SeeYou perceives its role as that of a catalyst of change. We work on solutions for persons with disabilities in the South on behalf of our supporters in the Netherlands, in close collaboration with strategic partners in the South and internationally.
SeeYou’s role as a catalyst is:
- to build bridges for example between Organisations of Persons with Disabilities (OPD’s), local partners, (I)NGO’s and donors in the South and the Netherlands, with focus on inclusive eye health, disability-inclusive development and disability rights;
- to mobilise resources from our constituency and use these resources to leverage increased investment by system actors;
- to be a knowledge broker, facilitate access to expertise and develop tools to enhance the capacity of our partners
to bring about change in the South and the Netherlands;
to share experience, raise awareness and to connect our constituency with our work in the South.
Our vision is to contribute to a world in which persons with a visual impairment and other disabilities are seen, respected, and fully exercise their rights.
Our mission is to achieve equal access to eye care, health care, education and livelihood for persons with disabilities.
Main sectors of operation
- Food Security
- Inclusive education
- Prevention of blindness and eye care
- Vocational training and income generation