At a recent VOICE event where we discussed the humanitarian funding gap, Milward Mwamvni had us reflect on the following question: Whose life is worth saving? Milward Mwamvani, LM International (EU-CORD member) For most, this will be an abstract type of discussion. We might expect a lively debate with someone cracking a joke at the […]
Supporting members and their national counterparts to develop partnership approaches, diversify funding options, and access funding from the European Union.
The aim of the Funding and Partnerships group is to address barriers to partnership and inspire more project collaboration. This includes renewing our focus on the EU institutions and European governments’ funding opportunities and donor trends to navigate the EU institutional funding landscape. We also want to create more opportunities for interaction beyond physical meetings and engage with members’ national counterparts and offices globally.
Funding and Partnerships Forum
- Physical meeting to be held in June, hosted by Dorcas in the Netherlands. Focus on understanding and developing business partnerships for projects
- Virtual meeting in the Autumn will focus on evaluating and sharing learning on the EU-CORD’s collaboration in Eastern Africa, Myanmar and Bangladesh.
- Establish and support EU-CORD partnerships in the focus countries of Eastern Africa, Bangladesh, and Myanmar: capturing learning to replicate and scale the experience.
- Strengthening collaboration with national implementation partners
- Review and develop tools to help foster partnership approaches
- Link EU-CORD members who are working on nexus issues, linking advocacy and programming.
- Document how we work in the nexus (case studies), including how we link with local actors and explore issues that are interesting for us: local responders, faith actors, funding flexibility etc.,
- Participate in, and contribute to, work done by CONCORD and VOICE on the nexus.
- Members encouraged to share information on funding trends and opportunities via the Teams ‘Funding Trends’ channel
- Three Funding Trends meetings will focus on the following themes:
- Big Picture Funding Trends
- Results-Based Financing
- How to Stay Ahead of the Funding Curve
Global Europe | NDICI
- Contributing to the CONCORD FFSD workstream on actions relating to developing handbook and training on the Global Europe funding instrument
- Review multi/annual planning documents in detail and work with members to identify/prepare for upcoming funding opportunities
- Review new management modalities (MGA), OPSYS, Restrictive Measures and other issues impacting accessing and managing Global Europe funds