2018 European Disability and Development Week
It’s back! For the 3rd consecutive year, IDDC are organising ‘European Disability and Development Week’, starting with the International Day of Persons with Disabilities (December 3) and concluding a week later on Human Rights Day (December 10). You can find out more and register your workshop at the following website – click here to access.
#EDDW18 has 3 objectives
- Showcase the breadth and variety of disability inclusion in international development
- Encourage solidarity and participation across Europe for disability inclusion
- Strengthen interaction between decision-makers and representatives of persons with disabilities.
For the week to be a success we need your participation!
Very simple! If you are planning to organise an event (e.g. conference, publication launch, campaign, film, party or project presentation) anywhere in Europe between December 3 and 10, in line with our theme “Together for Inclusion, Leave No One Behind”, then you could link it to #EDDW18.
In return, you’ll get a broader visibility and audience, as we’ll all commit to supporting each other.
Few practical details:
- New this year: a website will be set up and ease the communication of all events!
- Events can be organised by IDDC members and any other organisations partnering with an IDDC member.
- An art contest will be organised like in previous years.
- All organisers will be required to register their event online so that we can early on identify possible overlap and develop a coherent programme.
- In Brussels, free conference rooms in Mundo J have been pre-booked between 3-6 December.
- IDDC does not provide any funding to organise events.
Updates will be shared via the EDDW18 website and you can also follow us on twitter at #EDDW18